Friday, January 15, 2010

An Odd Occurance

So, Justin's father, Dale, passed away in August. It has been hard on Justin. A baby on the way has helped, but still he is sad.

Last night, at 3 am, I am awakened as usual by the need to pee. But as I am coming out of my sleep state I can hear something, maybe music, coming from some other part of the house. So I get up to investigate. Maybe an alarm clock is going off? no. Is it the stereo? did the cats turn it on somehow? no. I get to the living room and realize it is Justin's laptop sitting on the dining table. A country song is playing: I Love This Bar by Toby Keith. I go to the computer an an iPod screen is open and an internet window. I did not have my glasses on, so I did not look any closer than that before closing the windows.

Now the weirdish part is that whenever this song comes on the radio, Justin says the song reminds him of his dad--he always said this before his dad passed and after. So I head back to the bedroom and tell Justin that Dale has made a visit and I climb into bed. He says what do you mean? Nothing wakes him up. I told him about the song playing on his computer and he says he was just having a dream that he was playing that song.

So a little weirdness last night :-)

1 comment:

Holly & John Our family journey said...

Not to scare you but 3am is " dead time" LOL That is they say when spirits are strongest and are more active <3