Friday, April 23, 2010

Forced to 4 hour work days

Today marks week 34 weeks with 6 to go until my due date. I saw my midwife yesterday and my blood pressure was elevated again (130/90). So she gave me a note to work no more than 4 hours a day. I have started the FMLA paperwork so they can't fire me between now and the end of the school year, not that they would. Plus I have resigned and am not going back next year. So I will start 4 hour days on Monday. I am collecting another 24 hour urine sample over the weekend to compare with the one I did 3 weeks ago. Besides the BP, I did gain 10 pounds in a little more than two weeks, but the MW said it is most likely water weight and gave me some ideas to shed it. The swelling has gone down quite a bit and I think that has to do with the cooler weather the last 3 days. They also took blood to check the Ph level. Last time the blood and urine came back fine, I really hope that will still be the case. I don't have the headache, the blurry/sparkly vision or the pain under my right breast. I will se my midwife again next Friday to see how things are going.

Of course, Justin is totally freaked out, but he is glad I am cutting back. Really, I have not been diagnosed with anything, this is all just a precuation. I feel ok, just tired. Daphne is moving around like she always does and her heartbeat is steady at 140 bpm, so all is fine with her.

In the plus column: my baby shower is on Sunday and I am really looking forward to that! In early August, we will take Daphne to California so she can meet all our friends and family there.

No comments: