Sunday, March 21, 2010

Daphne's Room

We are working on it little by little.

Originally, I had wanted to use the nursery rhyme Hey Diddle Diddle as the theme, but everything I found was too boyish, so I went toward colors: yellow, green and purple. Found some cute bedding with those colors and butterflies. So then I discovered vinyl wall art and this cool looking tree that we could put on the wall. Little did I know the difficulty of appying that to an unsmooth wall. But we pushed forward and finished last night. Here are a few pictures.

This was the hardest part to do with all those little branches.And we started adding the flowers and it started getting easier.

And then the medium flowers.
And finally, the small fowers, and some birds and butterflies.


I really like it, but I do not think I would every chose to decorate with vinyl wall art again unless it is small. The next step is hanging the other art we have and then we wait for the baby showers to see what we still need.

2 comments:

Holly & John Our family journey said...

I love it!

Shel said...

Love it too Sarah! You guys did good! My sister had it in her last house and I loved it!! I am too chicken to do stuff like that! You did a FABULOUS job! Can't wait to see it all done! Poor Paige...her room is STILL not finished and she is now a months over 1 year old!! Dont be like me!