Monday, March 29, 2010

Midwife appointment today

I met a new midwife today, at least new to me. We heard Daphne's heart and she measured the fundal height. I measured 32 weeks, though I am currently 30.5 weeks. She also commented on my elevated blood pressure. I don't have any other symptoms of having pre-eclampsia, but they are having me collect 24 hours of pee to test for protein. I will start that tomorrow. If I have it it means a hopsital birth with the midwife. Justin thinks I do not have it and that my elevated BP is because I am worried about him and his back. We shall see. I don't think I have it either, but they want to rule it out. I go back in a week to check my BP.

1 comment:

Holly & John said...

Stay away from any salts or sodiums that will elevate it too aswell! No Chinese food! LOL Also you can go to walgreens or where ever and buy a wrist auto BP cuff for like 40 bucks and write down your BP's for the midwife. If you have any sign so hypertention like ringing in your ears, freq heartburn, dizziness or just don't feel right take your blood pressure. Just remember it took me less then 8 hours of my bloodpressure going high to be crtical and Dustin was out in the world. Before that I had LOW blood pressure. Not saying that is every case just take it VERY seriously cause it can be in a blink of a eye.