Monday, April 5, 2010

Justin's Back

As you may or may not know, Justin has had an injured back since we met. He was just beginning to walk again when we started dating 13 years ago. It has been a roller coaster over the years from his back doing great to eventaully ending up with a second surgery. Since then, his back certainly does better when he weighs less. Well, at the moment he weighs a little more than he should and he has very little self-control. I am not much help right now during the pregnancy. About three weeks ago, Justin was on a little utility ladder while we were working in Daphne's room and it shifted making him tense up and that was it. He has had two acupuncture treatments that have helped but there are other factors keeping him clenched. 1) he quit smoking and the lack of nicotine exemplifies the pain. 2) he had been constipated which does not help anything. Would he kill me for stating all of this? ;-)

Anyway, the fact that is back is not letting up significantly has me a little stressed out about following a Bradley birth plan. Husband coached childbirth required a great deal from the husband and I am worried that it is really going to ware him out and then he will not be able to enjoy his daughter during his week off with me. I brought up the idea of hiring a doula to help but he is totally against it and sees a doula as someone who would take his job away from him. I have been unable to convince him otherwise.

Just rambling.

2 comments:

Shel said...

HA! He might kill ya...but I can relate to his pain!! =) Poor Justin! No fun! Hmmm...can't wait to see what you do. That's a tough call...you definitely want him to feel well that week you are off together, but you also dont want him to feel excluded. I guess you let him make the call huh?? You know best!!

Kathleen Eakins said...

I could/ would never take his place. But I am more than willing to help out in (almost) any way I can. :) I will draw that line at the "private" message. :) Just let me know if I can do anything.

Love ya!